Caution: These instruments can produce or measure lethal voltages at their terminals. Testing should
only be performed by qualified technicians
|Self-Test Error Messages and Probable Causes|
|200||Isolator Does Not Respond|
|200||Unexpected Slave Processor Reset|
|201||Nonvolatile RAM DTACK|
|202||Slave Self Test|
|202||Salve Test: Isolator Date|
|202||Slave Test: Intr Data|
|202||Slave Test: DC Board|
|202||Slave Test: AC Board|
|202||Slave Test: Overload|
|202||Slave Test: Gate Array|
|202||Slave Test: Covergence|
|202||Slave Test: Interpolator|
|204||DC VOS DAC Convergence|
|204||Precharge DAC Convergence|
|204||MC DAC Convergence|
|204||Flatness DAC Convergence|
|204||Level DAC Convergence|
|204||AC VOS DAC Convergence|
|204||Atten HF DAC Convergence|
|204||AC AMP HF DAC Convergence|
|204||Interpolator Level Seek|
|204||Interpolator DAC Convergence|
|204||Reference Control Loop Failure|
|205||Test Value Out ofRange|
|210||ROM 0 LOW CHECKSUM|
|210||ROM 1 LOW CHECKSUM|
|210||ROM 2 LOW CHECKSUM|
|211||ROM 0 HIGH CHECKSUM|
|211||ROM 1 HIGH CHECKSUM|
|211||ROM 2 HIGH CHECKSUM|
|212||NONVOLATILE RAM HIGH|
|212||NONVOLATILE RAM LOW|
|213||Optional RAM 0 High|
|214||Optional RAM 0 Low|
|214||Optional RAM 1 High|
|214||Optional RAM 1 Low|
HP/Agilent 3458A 8½ Digit Digital Multimeter
The 3458A from HP/Agilent is a high performance, 8½ digit bench top multimeter. It can measure direct voltage and current, alternating voltage and current, resistance, and frequency. Options include a high stability reference, extended memory, and extending the alternating voltage range to 1000V.
- Misapplication of voltage or current — The 3458A can be damaged by sourcing high voltage to resistance or current functions. Sourcing more than 700V RMS to any standard 3458A (non /H01 option units) can cause significant damage.
- Age — Older instruments can suffer from age related failures caused by normal deterioration of components and assemblies over time.
- Cal memory failure — Instruments older than about 10 years can have calibration constants lost anytime the instrument is powered down.
These instruments can produce or measure lethal voltages at their terminals. Testing should only be performed by qualified technicians.
Any failure or operational deficiency information available allows us to provide the best service. Please include any information available about failures and what function the instrument was in prior to failure.
- If the instrument is smoking or has a bad smell coming from it turn it off immediately and contact us for further instruction.
- Power up the 3458A and let it warm up for 30 minutes. Run the self test from the front panel. If a failure occurs, note the error number/description and contact us. There can be multiple errors. Report as many as you reasonably can.
- If the self test passes, next run ACAL ALL. If a failure occurs, note the error number/description and contact us. There can be multiple errors. Report as many as you reasonably can.
- For any functional or calibration errors not detected by the test operations, contact us for repair.