Caution: These instruments can produce or measure lethal voltages at their terminals. Testing should
only be performed by qualified technicians
|Error 1||(Spec%) - Tolerance> 100% |
(Spec lim) - Limit is off-scale
|Error 2||(Cal) - Output not ON|
|Error 3||(Cal) - Incorrect range or function for mode|
|Error 4||(Spec %) - Correction exceeds store capacity|
|Error 5||(OffseVError) - Requested Output off scale|
|Error 6||(Ohms Cal) - Entered value exceeds calibration limit|
|Error 7||(General) - Selection exceeds voltage/ frequency limit|
|Error 8||(General) - Invalid key selection|
|Error 9||(General) - Option not fitted|
|Error EF||(AC) - External frequency not present|
|Error OL||(Voltage) - Output is current-limited |
(Current) - Compliance limit exceeded
|Fail 1||- Excessive internal temperature|
|Fail 2||- Over voltage|
|Fail 3||- Control data corrupted|
|Fail 4||- Precision divider fault|
|Fail 5||- Safety circuits tripped|
|Fail 6||- Calibration store fault|
|Fail 7||- 400V power supply fault|
|Fail 8||- 38V power supply fault|
|Fail 9||- 15V in guard power supply fault|
|LATEST||- Latest calibration store selected|
|SHADO||- Shadow calibration store selected|
|SAFETY||- Forced safety trip in Test Mode|
|running||- Self Test in progress|
|PASS||- Test completed success;|
|B||- Processor Busy|
Wavetek/Datron 4708, 4707, and 4705 Multi-Product Calibrators
The 4708 series from Wavetek/Datron are bench top, multifunction calibrators for calibrating up to 7½ digit instruments. They can source direct voltage and current, alternating voltage and current, and resistance. An optional transconductance amplifier extends the direct and alternating current functions to 10A.
- Misapplication of voltage or current — The 4708 series can be damaged by applying excessive voltage/current into the resistance functions.
- Poor Maintenance — Over time or in dusty working environments dust and debris can build up on the filter and inside the unit. This can increase internal operating temperatures affecting reliability. In the worst cases stray leakage caused by dust in the 4708 series can cause uncontrolled high voltage conduction within the instrument resulting in significant damage.
- Age — Very old instruments can suffer from age related failures caused by normal deterioration of components and assemblies over time.
- Mechanical damage — The 4708 series contain several large transformers and are very heavy. Dropping or other impact damage from transport is not uncommon.
These instruments can produce or measure lethal voltages at their terminals. Testing should only be performed by qualified technicians.
Any failure or operational deficiency information available allows us to provide the best service. Please include any information available about failures and what function the instrument was in prior to failure.
- If the instrument is smoking or has a bad smell coming from it turn it off immediately and contact us for further instruction.
- Power up the 4708 series calibrator and run instrument self test by hitting the test button, then the reset button. If a failure occurs, note the error number/description and contact us. There can be multiple errors. Report as many as you reasonably can.
- For any functional or calibration errors not detected by the self test, contact us for repair.